Millions of commercial trucks enter Florida every year and as they travel alongside passenger vehicles, they cause many accidents. Thousands of people become injured every year in these crashes and tragically, many others lose their lives. Many people think of transport-trailers when they imagine commercial trucks, but there are many other types of these vehicles, too.
Commercial truck accidents happen for a variety of reasons, and it is not always easy to determine what occurred while you are still at the scene. If you have been hurt, you must determine what caused your accident so you hold the right party accountable. A Fort Lauderdale commercial truck accident lawyer can help you do it.
Our Fort Lauderdale Commercial Truck Accident Lawyer Handles a Wide Range of Truck Collision Cases
Tractor-trailers, also known as semi trucks and big rigs, are commonly involved in accidents on the road, but other types of commercial trucks are, as well. Our Fort Lauderdale commercial truck accident lawyer can help after any collision that involves the following vehicles:
- Flatbed trucks
- Mack trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Cement trucks
- Tanker trucks
- Heavy trucks
- Rental trucks
- Dump trucks
- Unsecured loads on trucks
The circumstances surrounding an accident, and any subsequent claim, involving one of the above types of trucks will be unique. For this reason, it is critical to work with a Fort Lauderdale commercial truck accident lawyer who understands the specific types of trucks, and how they affect accident victims.
Our Fort Lauderdale Commercial Truck Accident Lawyer Knows the Common Causes of Crashes
When filing a claim after a commercial truck accident, your first step is to determine how another party caused your crash. This means you must establish that someone else acted negligently and caused your accident. There are many different acts of negligence that can cause a commercial truck accident, but the most common are as follows:
- Distracted driving, which may include texting and driving, or using the systems within the truck
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications
- Fatigued driving due to violating the hours of service rule
- Violating driver regulations outlined by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Failing to complete pre-trip inspections
- Aggressive driving, which could include tailgating, speeding, and dangerous lane changes
- Driving a commercial truck without having the appropriate commercial driver’s license, or any endorsement necessary for operating that vehicle
- Operating a commercial truck with known medical conditions that could cause a serious medical event, such as a heart attack or seizure
A lawyer will determine the negligent action or inaction that caused your accident, and who to hold liable for it.
Our Commercial Truck Accident Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale Can Handle Your Case
A commercial truck accident will throw your life into chaos. It is important to speak to a Fort Lauderdale commercial truck accident lawyer right away that can help you sort through it, and that will protect your rights. At Rosen Injury Law, P.A., our skilled attorney will handle every detail of your claim so you can focus on your much needed recovery. Call us today at 954-787-1500 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation so we can get started on your case.