There are more registered boat owners in Florida than in any other state, and many of them reside right here in Fort Lauderdale. Boating is a great way to enjoy the gorgeous waterways and climate Florida offers, but accidents can and do occur. Boating collisions result in some of the most serious injuries that are often life-changing for accident victims. If you have been injured, or you have lost a loved one in a crash, it is critical that you speak to a Fort Lauderdale boat accident lawyer that can help you claim the damages you need.
Our Fort Lauderdale Boat Accident Lawyer Can Help with Your Injuries
People sustain many different injuries during a boat accident. The most common of these include:
- Spinal cord injuries: Boat accidents usually create large waves and wakes, causing the boat to rock back and forth and up and down. These motions can easily cause spinal cord injuries, such as herniated and bulging discs.
- Drowning: Boat accidents of course, occur on the water and so, there is always a risk of drowning, particularly if someone is thrown overboard during the crash.
- Electrocution: Boats have a number of electrical systems that help the boat operate. During an accident, these systems can become submerged in water, which can result in an electrocution injury.
- Brain injuries: Brain injuries are common in many types of accidents, and boat accident victims may sustain one in a number of different ways. If individuals are underwater for a significant period of time, it could result in permanent brain damage. People are also sometimes thrown against bulkheads, striking their head as they do, and if an engine is running, it can also expose accident victims to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Lacerations: Like other injuries, lacerations are very common in a collision involving a boat, but they are somewhat unique when they occur on the water. Lacerations caused by a boat accident are typically much deeper than cuts sustained in other types of accidents, particularly if the victim was injured by the boat’s propeller.
If you have sustained one of the above injuries, or any other, it will change your life, at least temporarily. A Fort Lauderdale boat accident lawyer can help you claim the compensation that can offset the financial burden these injuries impose.
A Fort Lauderdale Boat Accident Lawyer Can Advise You of Your Options
If the boat accident was the fault of another person, you have many options afterward. Florida law allows accident victims to file a claim against negligent boat operators. You can file a claim against a negligent boat operator if you were operating a different vessel, or if the operator of the boat you were on acted negligently. Sometimes, boat accidents are caused by defective equipment and when that is the case, you can also file a claim against the manufacturer.
While you can file a claim for compensation after a boat accident, you should never do it on your own. A Fort Lauderdale boat accident lawyer can help you through the claims process and ensure you receive the full compensation you deserve.
Call Our Boat Accident Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale for Sound Legal Advice
If you are someone you love has been injured in a crash, our Fort Lauderdale boat accident lawyer at Rosen Injury Law, P.A. is here to help. Our seasoned attorney will determine what caused your crash, and hold them liable for paying the full damages you deserve. Call us today at 954-787-1500 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.