Truck drivers are under immense pressure when they are on the roads. They have to meet very tight deadlines and if they do not, they may even lose some of their profits. To meet these tight deadlines, make more profit, and even maintain their employment status, truck drivers often stay on the roads longer than they should without getting proper rest. This makes them extremely fatigued and when trucks become tired, an accident is bound to happen. When it does, you need to contact a Fort Lauderdale truck driver fatigue lawyer that can help you file a claim for compensation.
Our Fort Lauderdale Truck Driver Fatigue Lawyer Explains the Risks of Driving Drowsy
Fatigued driving is so dangerous, it has been compared to drunk driving. Imagine if a driver operated a truck while they were impaired, and it is easy to see how dangerous it is to drive while tired. Fatigue will affect truck drivers in a number of ways, including:
- The driver may not be able to focus on the road and give it their full attention.
- The driver’s judgment will be impaired and they will make poor decisions.
- The driver will have a slowed reaction time and will not be able to respond to potential dangers immediately.
- A driver may fall asleep behind the wheel of a big rig.
In the worst of cases, a fatigued truck driver will completely lose control of their truck, which will result in devastating injuries.
Our Fort Lauderdale Truck Driver Fatigue Lawyer Knows the Common Causes of Crashes
No one wants to drive when they are extremely tired, but truckers do it for a number of reasons. The main causes of fatigued truck drivers are as follows:
- Medical conditions: A number of medical conditions can cause a trucker to become fatigued while behind the wheel. The most common of these include heart disease, kidney issues, sleep apnea, mental health disorders, and more.
- Hours of service violations: The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has recognized that fatigued driving is a big problem on the roads in America and as such, they have outlined strict rules about how long truckers can remain on the roads at one time. These rules also outline the number of breaks truckers must take, and when they must be taken. Truckers that violate these rules are more likely to become fatigued and be involved in a crash.
- Medications: While medical issues can cause a trucker to become drowsy, so too, can medications. These may be over-the-counter or prescription medications that list drowsiness as a side effect.
Regardless of the cause of the accident, drowsiness is never an excuse for truckers that become involved in a crash.
Call Our Truck Driver Fatigue Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale Now
Fatigued driving causes more crashes on the roads than people realize and when they occur, you can file a claim for compensation. At Rosen Injury Law, P.A., our Fort Lauderdale truck driver fatigue lawyer will determine the cause of your crash and help you file a claim so you receive maximum damages. Call us today at 954-787-1500 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.