What Types of Car Accident Expenses Can an Attorney Help You Recover in Florida?
If you were recently involved in a car accident, there may be a few expenses that you will incur before the liable party’s insurance provider approves your claim. As such, this article will provide you with some helpful information regarding some of the types of expenses that a personal injury attorney can help you recover.
How can an attorney help me after a car accident?
An attorney can provide assistance after a car accident in some of the following ways:
- Communicating with the other driver’s insurance company
- Obtaining the necessary evidence to help determine which party was at fault for the accident
- Presenting the evidence in your case in court in order to prove liability and damages
- Negotiating a satisfactory settlement among the parties
What types of car accident expenses can an attorney help you recover?
A car accident attorney can help you obtain compensation for any of the following expenses:
- Vehicle damage: If your car suffered either minor or major damage as a result of an accident, an attorney will be able to help you obtain compensation.
- Other personal property damage: If you had personal property in your vehicle at the time of the accident (for example, a laptop) that was destroyed due to the accident, an attorney may be able to recover the expense of replacing that property.
- X-rays: Because x-rays are necessary to perform medical treatment, an attorney can help you recover these expenses.
- Hospital stays: If the treatment of your injury requires you to stay in the hospital, an attorney can help you recover these expenses.
- Emergency room visits: Many car accidents result in emergency room visits, which can be very expensive. A good attorney will do his best to make sure that the cost of these visits are reimbursed.
- Ambulances/hospital transportation: Many people who are injured in car accidents take ambulances to the hospital. However, because ambulance rides can be very expensive, some victims instead opt to use a taxi or rideshare service in order to get to the hospital. An attorney should be able to recover these expenses.
- Mileage to hospital/rehabilitation facility: The mileage that it takes for the injured party to get to the hospital or to a rehabilitation facility for treatment should be recoverable.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy is considered a part of medical treatment, and as such, an attorney can recover these expenses.
- Massage therapy: Massage therapy expenses can be tricky. If a medical provider deems it to be a necessary part of your treatment plan, it will likely be recoverable. It is best to consult with your medical provider and your attorney regarding these expenses.
- Surgeries: If you need surgery after a car accident, an attorney can help you recover these expenses.
- Prescriptions: If your treatment plan requires that you take specific prescriptions, these expenses will be reimbursed.
- Chiropractor services: If you are injured in a car accident and require the services of a chiropractor, these expenses can usually be recovered.
- Household services: If you are unable to do typical household duties because of your injury and have to hire someone to do this work for you, an attorney can help you recover these expenses.
- Car seat replacement: If you had a car seat that was damaged due to the car accident, an attorney can help you obtain compensation to replace it.
Were You Recently Injured in a Car Accident? Speak to a Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Attorney
If you were recently injured in a car accident, our firm wants to help. Please contact Rosen Injury Law today. Our experienced Fort Lauderdale car accident attorneys will help you identify the parties responsible for your injuries.